Yes, that's right, it took four months for the dresser to come in. And there was quite a bit of drama when we placed the order since the dear, dear store workers at our nearest Babies 'R Us branch accidentally sent us an hour away to pick up a dresser that already belonged to someone. Apparently the Uptown crib set is like "gold" to get a hold of these days. Its popularity made it nearly impossible to reserve the furniture from the warehouse before another branch reserved it for their own desperate customers.So when I received a call the day before we left for Utah saying it had arrived, I decided I had waited long enough. I took matters into my own hands and picked it up as a surprise for Nick. I got it from the store just hours before flying away and moved all 192 pounds of it into our living room with the help of my neighbor.
I resisted my desire to tell Nick what I had done for the first few days of our vacation, but I eventually told him that there was a big surprise waiting at home. He was then allowed one guess a day and after about four days he figured it out.
Brinton's room is finally organized--at least for a little while--and my life is complete.

His room looks great! I bet he loves it!:)
ReplyDeletewe had a really hard time tracking down our crib and dresser set for dorian, too. it was always out of stock on every website and no stores carried it. why don't the manufacturers catch on and make more? anyway, i love your set, it is beautiful. hooray for having it all set up!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful nursery!!! LOL, my kids still don't have dressers. I'm impressed. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, Heather--I have never even really had a nursery! The room looks great!
ReplyDelete