Yesterday was my birthday. I am 27! What an advanced age. I actually had to stop and think about how many years I have been alive, which seems like a mark of being "old" to me. :)
I got a violin for my birthday as an early present from Nick, and I absolutely love it. I have thought for a while that it would be fun to have one, and we found one for a *killer* deal on Craigslist. So I spruced up my 6th-grade-level violin skills (obtained while taking a Music Ed class in college), polished "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," and moved swiftly onto the Children's Songbook. I have learned two songs already, and I am having too much fun with it.
The BYU Singers tour comes to a close this week, and as the host of their final concert on May 7, I have been s-u-p-e-r busy. I can't wait to see my Alma Mater choir in concert--the choir in which Nick and I met and sang for a total of 10 years. I also can't wait to have my time back. But I know it will be worth the effort it has taken to get them here in Colorado for an extra day. The concert will be like candy to the ears in the St. Elizabeth of Hungary Roman Catholic Church, and I can't wait to taste the Singers' sound in there.
We are hosting some of the Singers in our home Saturday after the concert, and right now my home is a disaster. Brinton takes great pleasure in pulling everything out of its place these days. As soon as one thing is put back, another magically gets displaced.
So I think I'm gonna go clean up now...Till next time!
And happy birthday to me.
5 years ago

Happy Birthday Christina! I hope you're doing great!
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy birthday! Glad to hear things are going so well out there. Sounds like you're doing great things with your music, I'm sure it's so fun to have BYU choir peeps visiting/performing!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're busy and have a bit going on! That's fun. Happy birthday to you :) Love you!
ReplyDelete