We are doing well. Brinton is so so sweet and pretty well potty trained (still wears a diaper at night though). He loves to dance and sing and conduct (!). He also loves putting puzzles together. He also knows how to identify a good half of the alphabet at 25 months, but the letter 'B' is his favorite. He is a riot!
Nick has his great big comprehensive exam this week--the oral portion. He doesn't seem to be as nervous as I was when I did my orals at BYU. :) But they will ask him about his thesis proposal along with anything they want to ask about immunology. So on Friday of next week (May 25), pray for him!
I have been SOOOOOO busy with music. I have 20 students in my private voice and piano studio, and they had a recital a few weeks ago. Our community choir, Kantorei, finished the concert season on May 4 & 6. Arrhythmias (my University of Colorado Anschutz choir) finished up last Monday, and now I only have my stake production left to conduct. All these music obligations collided like crazy over the past month, so I have been running 100 mph at 6 months pregnant (now 7 months). Meaning, I sometimes had three back to back rehearsals on Sundays, and even two back to back concerts on my birthday. What a whirlwind!
The stake music production I mentioned is today and tomorrow. I am Stake Music Chair, and I decided to put on a new program by Janice Kapp Perry and Bonnie Hart Murray entitled "The Book of Mormon Has Come Forth." And since I'm a crazy woman, I decided to tackle the entire orchestral score. We have the talent in our stake to pull it off! And when I say full, I mean FULL orchestra with brass, percussion and timpani, so it is a pretty huge undertaking. I'm excited for it, and I even got to meet Janice Kapp Perry last night at Bonnie's home (Bonnie is in our stake--one more excellent reason to do this production). They are both so gracious and humble and wonderful! For example, I took the box of 2000 papers that needed to be folded into programs, but I was late and missed the bulk of the choir and orchestra participants whom I was hoping I could solicit to help fold. So everyone who was there (including the two VIP ladies) folded away and chatted. Janice didn't seem to mind at all, and even stuffed the last handful of programs herself. What a great act of service to me and to everyone who comes.
So that's how we are doing. After next week when Nick finishes his comprehensive exam, we will be home free into a more "summery" feeling with less running around.
And yes, you read that right. I'm 29 weeks pregnant, so our baby is coming in about 2 months! It's another boy. Due August 3. :)
Love,
Your Cousin Chrissy

Good to have an update. And good luck with the baby!
ReplyDelete