Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Impromptu Adventure

My family has been going to Bear Lake for the last 50 years. All the cousins and aunts and uncles on my mom's side go up and stay in condos on the south side of the lake. I have so many memories of that place: tennis tournaments, miniature golf, sand castles, late-night games, and lots more. I am so grateful to my grandparents who started such a wonderful tradition.

This year I had totally written-off the possibility of even going to Bear Lake. I knew it was the weekend before finals and we would have a brand-new baby. I would just stay at home and study. Last week though, I was at the grocery store and I had the impulse to look for swim diapers. I didn't act upon the thought, but I told Chrissy about it the next day. We then remembered that Bear Lake was that weekend and Chrissy said how much she would love to go. At first I still thought I couldn't do it but then I realized maybe it was possible. Friday there were no classes due to graduation and yesterday was Memorial Day. One of my finals the next week had been cancelled and I had already made great progress on one of my take-home exams. So Wednesday night we decided to go to Bear Lake! We had so much fun and we're so glad we were able to make it.


To initiate Brinton into this great family tradition, I wanted to at least dip his toe in the water, even though the lake is cold in May. Here's a video if his first experience in Bear Lake. I hope he forgives me!

3 comments:

  1. Awww! We think he is so adorable! What a cute little chunk! Now we want to see you guys even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute boy you guys! But what torture! :) I guess he had no choice and will probably look back on that experience for the rest of his life. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year you probably won't be able to keep him out ... well, at least one of the next few years.

    ReplyDelete